Table of Contents
The best keto brownie mix will have 4 important factors. These factors are:
- Great taste
- They add nutritional value to your diet
- Low carb
- They are free of common inflammatory ingredients and allergens
But, there’s more to the story about keto brownies. Learn the best brands and why they are healthier for everyone over your standard brownies.
Best keto brownie mix overview
The following brands meet all quality criteria for making the list.
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, here are my top picks:
- Kiss My Keto Brownie Mix is the only brand that has keto-friendly MCT oil and no artificial ingredients. The recipe is chocolate gooey goodness and the butter flavor comes through without being cloyingly sweet like most brownies (my personal favorite).
- Birch Benders Mug Cups are super quick to make for an instantly satisfying treat.
- Good Dees Brownie Mix is free of major allergens (no soy, gluten, corn, dairy, or tree nuts) and is very tasty for a keto brand.
- Livlo Keto Brownie Baking Mix has no artificial ingredients and is very highly rated for a keto brownie.
- Lacanto Sugar-Free Brownie Mix contains simple ingredients and has a great keto fudge brownie texture.
- Sweet Logic Keto Brownies is among the best diabetic brownies and keto brownies out there for both taste and ingredients.
Best keto brownie comparisons
Criteria for the best keto brownie mixes
In order to pick the best keto brownie mixes, I used the following criteria:
- No grains and gluten-free
- No artificial sweeteners
- Beneficial prebiotic ingredients
- Great taste
- Bonus: contain MCT oil to support ketosis and brain fuel
Keep in mind that keto brownies aren’t going to taste exactly like regular brownies because they have almost zero carbohydrates.
But, that’s not a bad thing for some people. I actually prefer brownies to be richer and less sweet tasting.
And, if you have enough patience, they taste even better on the second day.
Why Keto brownies are better than standard brownies (for everyone)
Keto brownies are not just for people who are on a keto diet.
Many brands of keto brownie mixes contain ingredients that are healthier for you than regular brownies.
Plus, you won’t get the sugar spike and insulin surge from keto brownies. And, most Americans are at high risk for diabetes and the many downsides to a high sugar diet.
Having brownies like keto brownies help people manage this risk and even may help prevent diabetes if they are combined with an overall healthy and whole food diet.
The mixes don’t cost more than buying all of the individual ingredients you would need to make homemade keto brownies. So, the mixes save you time and effort.
Also, it is undeniable that their prebiotic fibers help with gut health and overall health. Only about 5 percent of Americans get enough fiber in a day.
Many of the healthy keto brownie mix brands contain fiber from chicory root (inulin) or gum acacia. Both are great fiber types for IBS.
For this reason, they keep you full for much longer than any type of brownies. Your microbiome will also benefit by making healthy probiotics.
Additionally, keto brownies have flours made of almonds or root vegetables instead of grains. This means that people with food sensitivities to gluten often can find a good brownie mix now.
People who follow an autoimmune protocol or are Paleo can also eat many of these tasty brownies too.
Last but not least, some brands contain healthy MCT oils which contain healing fats like caprylic acid.
Drawbacks of keto brownies
Make no mistake, the benefits of keto brownies far exceed regular sugar-laden brownies.
However, some people are sensitive to low-calorie sweeteners, even if they are natural.
For example, some people who eat erythritol or allulose sweetener get gas, bloating, or temporary GI issues. This is because they are natural sugar alcohols, which can cause sensitivity in some people.
However, these sugar alcohols, especially allulose, are better tolerated than sorbitol or other sugar alcohols. And as a bonus, they offset any potential consequences of boosting your fiber intake, such as constipation.
Additionally, some people aren’t used to having a lot of prebiotic fibers in their diet.
So, these can add a temporary belly ache if you eat too much of them all at once.
The key to avoiding side effects is to just eat a little bit of these brownies at first. After all, you shouldn’t eat the whole pan anyway!
By the way, they are going to be more expensive than sugary brownies. But, if you look at the long-term cost of eating sugary brownies, that is a much bigger cost than the sticker tag of a high-quality brownie.
And overall they have much higher quality ingredients than your typical box brownies too. So basically, you are preventing problems down the road for yourself.
One more thing; most good quality keto brownie mixes are online brownies, meaning they aren’t available in retail stores at this time.
Best keto brownie details
Kiss My Keto
Kiss My Keto brand of keto brownies is the best keto brownie mix because it is the only one that contains MCT oil and also uses monk fruit as a sweetener. This means that these brownies are less likely to have side effects than some brownies have. They also contain allulose, which is an all-natural sweetener too.
As for brownies, keto brownies like these aren’t going to be as sweet as a sugary brownie. But, I find Kiss My Keto Brownie Mix is very delicious, chocolaty, chewy, and satisfying like regular brownies. Tip: these taste sweeter on the second day.
Its fibers come from tapioca fiber and gum acacia, which are all-natural and great prebiotics for the gut.
Kiss My Keto Brownie Mix ingredients are Allulose, Soluble Tapioca Fiber, Almonds, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Medium Chain Triglycerides (Derived From Coconut), Gum Acacia, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, and Monk Fruit.
Save 10% when using code HEALTHYRD too.
- Antioxidants from almonds
- Chewy, satisfying taste and texture
- Salty chocolate taste with buttery flavors if you bake it with butter, which I love
- A chewy texture that is exactly like regular brownies
- Prebiotic fiber from gum acacia and gut-healthy MCT oil
- 0 grams net carbs per serving (over 20 times that amount in regular brownies)
- The only net no-carb brownies out there
- 5 grams of prebiotic fiber per serving
- Money-back guarantee too
- Not cloyingly sweet, so for many, this is a big advantage
- Contains tree nuts for people who are allergic or sensitive to those
- Some people don’t like salty chocolate (who are these people?)
- Not sweet enough for some people
Birch Benders Double Chocolate Brownie Cups are healthy brownies that are ready in only 60 seconds in the microwave. They taste great and contain healthy prebiotic fiber in the form of inulin and coconut flour.
Birch Benders Brownie Cups ingredients are Erythritol, Unsweetened Chocolate, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Stevia Extract, Sunflower Lecithin, Almond Flour, Oil Powder, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Inulin, Sodium Caseinate, Mixed Tocopherols, Eggs, Organic Coconut flour, Alkalized Cocoa Powder, Tigernut Flour, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Stevia Extract, and Natural Flavor.
- Easy to make
- They are grain-free and gluten-free
- Like all keto brownies, they have no added sugar, low net carbs
- 3 grams net carbs per serving
- Made with Tigernut, inulin, coconut and almond flours, and sugar-free chocolate chips
- Rich and tasty sugar-free chocolate brownies
- Makes a crumbly and chewy brownie in the microwave
- Have eggs for people who have an egg sensitivity
- Contain milk
- Higher in omega 6 fats than most brands
- They have higher salt content so people on a low sodium diet should be cautious
- Contain erythritol, which is more likely to cause GI distress than allulose
- Cost a bit more than other brands because they are single-serve
Livlo Keto Brownie Baking Mix makes a tasty brownie that is highly rated and uses only natural ingredients. It is also free of gluten, grain-free, nut-free, soy-free, and has no preservatives or additives. This is a great brownie for anyone on a low-carb high-fat diet or anyone wanting to reduce their carbohydrate intake.
Ingredients for Livlo Brownies are Erythritol, Allulose, Monk Fruit Extract, Sunflower Seed Flour, Soluble Tapioca Fiber, Dutched Cocoa, and Sea Salt.
- 130 calories, 5 grams fiber, and 1 grams net carbs
- Super easy to make and fits most specialty diets including Atkins, LCHF, diabetic diet, and ketogenic diets
- Satisfaction is guaranteed by the company Livlo Food Co.
- Highly rated by thousands of reviewers
- Contains a nice blend of sweeteners to minimize any side effects of sugar alcohol
- It’s going to taste like a keto brownie, but a delicious one at that
- Available online only at this point
Good Dee’s Low Carb Chocolate Brownie Baking Mix is delicious low-carb brownies and contains only 1 net carb per brownie. A big appeal of these is that they are completely grain-free, so they can easily work for an autoimmune protocol diet. The fiber comes mostly from soluble tapioca fiber, which is good prebiotic fiber.
The Good Dee’s Brownie ingredients are Erythritol, Soluble Tapioca Fiber, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder processed with Alkali, Sunflower Seed Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Stevia Extract.
- Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Soy-Free, and Nut Free
- Sugar-Free with only 1 gram of net carbs
- 5 grams of fiber per serving and only 80 calories when prepared
- Sweetened with Erythritol and Stevia
- Can be made either into cakey brownies or chewy brownies
- Keto and Grain Free
- Some people don’t like the flavor of stevia even though it is all-natural
- The recipe is not as buttery as some, although you could easily add more if you wish
Sweet Logic Keto Brownies
Sweet Logic Keto Brownies are one of the best keto brownie mix brands because, like the others, they are low net carbs at only 2 grams per serving. They also contain very simple ingredients with only 6 total ingredients. It also contains allulose, which is often easier to tolerate than erythritol for some people. This tasty mix is gluten-free as well as grain-free too.
These brownies cook in only 20 minutes, so they are also quicker to make than most. Owned by a woman as well, this company gives back proceeds to help with food inequalities.
The Sweet Logic Keto Brownie ingredients are simple and include Allulose, Almond flour, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Flour, Salt, and Stevia.
- Grain-free, gluten-free, and simple ingredients
- Contains only 2 grams of net carbs per serving and no added sugar
- Highly rated brownie for flavor
- The recipe gives ways to make it into mug cakes and pan brownies both
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Only 2 grams of fiber per serving
- Some people don’t love stevia flavor
Lacanto Sugar Free Brownie Mix is tasty and a great choice for ketogenic brownies because they are gluten-free, and sweetened with all-natural monk fruit. Personally, I think these are one of the best low-carb brownie mix brands because I prefer the monk fruit sweetener over stevia for flavor.
Tip: these taste sweeter on the second day.
Ingredients of Lacanto brownies are Tapioca Fiber, Rice Flour, Dutched Cocoa, Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener (Erythritol and Monk Fruit Extract), Sugarcane Fiber, Brown Rice, Oat Fiber, Natural Flavors, Salt, Baking Powder, Konjac, and Xanthan Gum.
- Highly-rated keto brownies
- Great fudgy keto brownie
- Not overly sweet (that’s a good thing if you ask me)
- Highest fiber keto brownie mix at 15 grams per serving
- 3 grams of net carbs per serving
- Contains more carbs than most keto brownies at 3 grams net carbs
- Not grain-free for people who are Paleo or on an autoimmune protocol
- The fudgy texture isn’t always appealing for people who like cakey brownies
Didn’t make the cut
While the following keto brownie mixes are still better than most brownie mixes out there, they have highly processed grain ingredients like wheat flour or corn or are low in fiber.
That is why they didn’t make the list for best quality.
- Duncan Hines Keto-Friendly Brownie is a better value but contains processed corn
- Keto and Co-great taste, but corn is the first ingredient
- Doctor’s CarbRite Diet Brownie Mix-contains wheat flour, so many people with allergens or food sensitivities shouldn’t have this.
- So Nourished-the first ingredient is corn
- Miss Jones Keto Brownies is a perfectly fine keto brownie but doesn’t have as much fiber as other brands
Keto brownie recipes
Here are a couple of keto brownie recipes if you want to go that route. Keep in mind that the price is going to be about the same as the keto brownie mixes and usually don’t have as much fiber.
In other words, this is the one time where I tell people to buy the box mix-it’s the same price and is usually healthier. Here are some of the best keto brownies for you to make at home:
Keto Brownie recipes by Chocolate Covered Katie fall in the categories of Atkins brownies, Keto brownies, and diabetic brownies that get great ratings. Because of this, it is the best keto brownie recipe out there. But, it still won’t have as much fiber as the mixes I mentioned in this post.
Fudgy Keto Low Carb Brownies by The Big Mans World are a 3 ingredient brownie recipe, but be aware that one of the ingredients requires 3 ingredients to make. But if you are trying to make some tasty keto chocolate brownies, this one gets great reviews.
Commonly asked questions about keto brownie mixes
Why are gluten-free keto brownies better?
When it comes to brownies, keto is often better because they are gluten-free.
While gluten-free diets are a hot topic generally, they shouldn’t be. Wheat sensitivity causes inflammation in the body by increasing lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and other inflammatory compounds [R].
Which is better for brownies, almond flour or coconut flour?
Both almond flour and coconut flour are common ingredients in keto brownies. Almond flour brownies make a softer texture than coconut flour, but some people can’t have tree nuts. In this case, coconut flour brownies are a better choice.
Luckily, some brands today carry grain-free flours like tiger nut flour, tapioca fiber, and sunflower seed flour. This gives options for anyone with food allergies seeking out low-carb keto brownies.
Will keto brownies make you lose weight?
Probably not unless you combine them with an overall healthy diet and weight loss. Like anything else, you can overindulge in these.
That said, they are much less likely to make you gain weight than your typical brownies because they have less calories, more fiber, and make you feel full for longer.